(STURGIS) – It was an early end to the day for students and staff at Sturgis High School on Friday.
Just after 11 AM School officials announced that an isolated gas leak had been identified at the High School. The Sturgis Fire Department and Michigan Gas Utilities were called to the school and as a precaution recommended the building be evacuated.
School officials did that and decided to dismiss students for the rest of the day.
The leak was detected in the art room.
(05-24-2019) Howe Military Asking For Help
(05-24-2019) Man Killed In Construction Accident
(05-24-2019) April 2019 Jobless Rates Down Around SW Michigan
(05-24-2019) Radiothon Raises $97,556 For United Way
(05-24-2019) Multiple Charges Filed In Incident
(05-24-2019) Sturgis Man Arraigned On Open Murder Charge
(05-23-2019) Woman's Body Found In Sturgis Home
(05-22-2019) McCann To Be Compensated For Wrongful Conviction
(05-22-2019) Coldwater Man Arrested On CSC Charge
(05-22-2019) Northeast Indiana Jobless Rates Down In April 2019
(05-22-2019) Lakeland Schools Doing Well Financially
(05-21-2019) Herblet Hired As New SHS Principal
(05-21-2019) LaGrange Co. Commission Approves Grant Applications
(05-21-2019) Sisson Excited About Appointment
(05-21-2019) Parkview LaGrange Rated A Good Place To Work
(05-20-2019) Investigation Leads To Multiple Arrests
(05-20-2019) Car-Bicycle Accident Sends One To The Hospital
(05-20-2019) Indiana Unemployment Steady For April 2019
(05-20-2019) New Playground Equipment Planned For Congress School
(05-17-2019) HaasCaywood Hires New Associate Attorney