(GOSHEN) - A Goshen man died in a house fire early Thursday afternoon.
68 year old Charles Grise was unable to exit the home and died at the scene.
Firefighters and police responded to 425 North 1st Street at 12:49 PM. Firefighters immediately took action to enter the home and found Grise, who was the lone occupant.
They say the fire appears to be accidental, but the Elkhart County Homicide Unit was called in to oversee the investigation according to procedure.
(03-23-2019) Portion Of North Lakeview Closing For Sewer Repairs
(03-23-2019) Busy Friday Night For Sturgis Police
(03-23-2019) One Person Injured In Two Vehicle Collision In Coldwater
(03-23-2019) Bronson's LaClair Honored By Michigan Athletic Directors
(03-23-2019) Shipshewana Man Arrested On Multiple Counts
(03-22-2019) Constantine Couple Arraigned On Child Abuse Charges
(03-22-2019) Parkview Hospitals Enact Restrictions Due To Flu
(03-22-2019) Domestic Battery Arrest In LaGrange County
(03-22-2019) Three Rivers City Phones Down Today
(03-21-2019) Two Arrested on Child Abuse Charges
(03-21-2019) Impact Of Howe Military Closing
(03-21-2019) Stutesman Stepping Down From Three Rivers Commission
(03-21-2019) Car Strikes Pole To Avoid Another Vehicle
(03-20-2019) Detour Announced Due To Bridge Work
(03-20-2019) Two People Injured In Three Vehicle Crash
(03-20-2019) Changes To Animal Control Bylaws Approved
(03-20-2019) LaGrange Businesswomen Estella Carney Dies
(03-20-2019) Drug Bust At Best Western
(03-19-2019) ISD Votes To Move Forward With CTE Millage Request